Hello & Welcome to AnaRie!
Thank you so much for trusting us with your wedding day beauty looks! We hope this guide is helpful in getting ready for your hair and makeup trial runs with us at AnaRie! If you are not able to do trial runs with us, we recommend emailing over hair and makeup inspiration pictures as well as a couple of photos of yourself. That way we can make suggestions if you have questions about hair length, volume, color, or needing extensions. We can also help with skincare recommendations or a regime if that is something you have questions about! We are also happy to set up a phone call or two to discuss your wedding day beauty needs and details.
Please let us know of any allergies! Your safety is of upmost concern to us. Please keep me informed of any allergies or irritations you have towards hair, makeup products, or latex.
We are so excited to bring your wedding day hair and makeup vision to life!
Tips & Guidelines for before your
Hair Services - Trial Run & Wedding Day
- Please come to the trial run with clean, very dry hair. Do not use a straightener.
- If you have any questions or concerns about products, please let us know before the consultation! We do lots of research on what products and techniques are specifically best for wedding day hairstyles.
- If you anticipate that you need a longer amount of time for your consultation, please let me know before your appointments. We schedule 2 hours and 30 minutes for combined hair and makeup trial runs. This time is split evenly, giving about an hour and fifteen minutes for each consultation. If you are only having a trial run for one service, it will be scheduled for one hour and 15 minutes total. Additional time will be billed at $50 per hour, by invoice sent by AnaRie.
- Our number one piece of advice is to bring hair style inspiration pics! We have a lot of our work, from professional photos to cell phone snaps, on our Instagram ( @anarie_brides ) and in our Story Highlights. Pinterest is also a fantastic resource. We suggest looking up styles based on your hair length, color, and desired style. When choosing inspiration, keep in mind how you usually wear your hair. We want to make sure you see yourself when you look in the mirror and in the photos!
- When looking for inspiration there are a few things to consider to when narrowing down the choices: Do you want to wear your hair up, half-up, or three-quarters up. What is your hair density, texture, and color? These three things will determine how the style will look with your hair. Extensions are an easy way to add volume or length to any style so don’t limit yourself based on length or density. When using extensions, we require that they are human hair and clip-ins. That way they can be heat styled and placed with your comfort in mind!
- Try to give yourself lots of time, several months, if you are going to make big hair changes such as a drastic cut or color change. Please let us know your thoughts and we can help guide you through what will look, feel, and wear best on the big day!
- Please let us know before your trial run if you have a straightening system in your hair such as a relaxer, a Japanese or Brazilian blow-out.
- For your hair, we always recommend bringing any hair pieces, combs, clips, or a veil to the trial run. That way we can see exactly what you’d like the placement to be on your wedding day. They add some dimension if your hair is a solid color and always photograph beautifully. If you’re thinking of using extensions, please bring those too!
We are here for you! Please feel free to reach out any time if you have questions! We love our brides and love what we do!
Tips & Guidelines for before your
Makeup Services - Trial Run & Wedding Day
- Please come to your trial run with a clean face! Using a light moisturizer is totally fine but please make sure there are no oils, including coconut oil, in anything you use before the appointment.
- Make sure to be drinking lots of water! We also recommend using a consistent, gentle skin care regimen every day, twice a day. That will help get and keep your skin healthy. Makeup looks and feels best on healthy skin!
- Please bring inspiration pics for your desired makeup looks as well! Are you interested in a soft, natural makeup look or drawn to a more glam, dramatic look? We want to make sure your hair and makeup looks are beautiful together and cohesive with your dress.
We will ask lots of questions about what makeup you wear day-to-day and on special occasions. It’s okay if you do not have answers! We are with you to guide through what you love, and don’t especially love, in your inspiration pics and how that will translate to you for your wedding day. We want to make sure you look and feel like the best version of yourself.
Please do not hesitate to reach out and ask questions! We are honored and so excited to be a part of your wedding day!